Pohjolan Kurapyöräilijät

Matkaendurofoorumi kaikille enduron ystäville!
Tänään on Ke Touko 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC + 2 tuntia [ DST ]

Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 18 viestiä ]  Mene sivulle 1, 2  Seuraava
Kirjoittaja Viesti
 Viestin otsikko: Bike project
ViestiLähetetty: La Marras 12, 2016 9:22 am 

Pyörä: KTM690SM
Hi , Australian guy here.
I live and work in vantaa. I have been here 5 years . Finnish language does not come to me so as you guess , my English is good :)

Big thanks to other members for helping me with my KTM 690.
Now i want to do some project , something, maybe a street fighter type.
Here is the problem.

Im looking for someone online who can answer questions regarding modification laws etc .

Ive been to a few shops and they are busy , not keen to answer some questions in english, some guys need to find the words , etc etc.

If i was finnish i could find all details im sure in trafi and associated networks.

Perhaps i will ask my first question here.

I already have been given info and thanks to those shop experts who replied , i know they are busy and i dont want to be like a buzzy fly asking questions.
Im not after free work but i need knowledge to understand if its even worth to pursue the project.

I know from expert that 2004/2003 bikes can be turboed because of old euro emissions.

When assembling a bike , lets say 2003.
1.The bike frame is 2003 with ID plate
2.The motor casing needs to be 2003?
3.Other parts need to be similar to stock or can i increase brake size etc without concern of katsastus etc.

You can see that my questions start at the very basic level of the project.

I also see a big presence of street fighter crews in finland , theres a few in Uusimaa etc.
I hope to make some type of build check list so i can evaluate costs and avoid buying stuff i dont need. Wife is not onboard this project :)

Thanks for listening

Profiili  

Viestin otsikko: Re: Bike project
ViestiLähetetty: La Marras 12, 2016 9:54 am 

Pyörä: 690R -14 250 EXC-F -17 Gilera RC125 -90
I'm not an expert of the area, but Modified Motorcycle Association of Finland http://www.mmaf.info/ could be exactly the right place for your given and future questions. At their discussion board there is own area for laws and requirements.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: La Marras 12, 2016 9:58 am 

Jani M kirjoitti:
I'm not an expert of the area, but Modified Motorcycle Association of Finland http://www.mmaf.info/ could be exactly the right place for your given and future questions. At their discussion board there is own area for laws and requirements.

ITs very good , thanks

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: La Marras 12, 2016 3:32 pm 

It is a good resource , but google translate makes me wonder.
Still looking for knowledge.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 3:51 am 

Pyörä: SLR 650 street tracker, Monkey 125
Hi, which bike are you planning on using as base, an older LC4 model? You have a 690SM and are going to take the engine, brakes etc. off that and into an older bike and slap a turbo on that?

You can also try to post a new thread (in english) to the MMAF forum http://www.mmaf.fi/forum/index.php?PHPS ... &board=4.0 ..I'm sure there are people there that know the answer to every question imaginable and would be more than willing to help.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 8:57 am 

With the current understanding i have atm.
A newer than 2003/2004 bike with a turbo fitted needs to be tested by an "institute". Which i was told the closest "qualified institute" is in Sweden(test 1000euro+).
It needs to be verified to pass the Euro2,3,4,(info found on its ID compliance plate/sticker). It also needs to have turbo data included. Then dyno certification of power not exceeding 20% power rule , then katsastus.
I have the 2007 690.
What i have learned about the LC4 history is
2002 LC4 and older has black motor, i dont want to use this motor as its 5 speed and older design.
2003 LC4 has grey motor with hi flow head ,6 speed transmission , this motor design is still similar to future LC4.
2007 motor combo has EFI and in general continues to 2011 designs.
2012-2013 continue
And of course newer 700cc motors coming after 2013.
This info is in general terms.
So i don't want to use 2002 and older , but 2003 has grey motor variant which models were KTM625 and KTM660 (660 motor had short production run).

My first thought was to get 2003 frame and insert newer parts like ECU,EFI, maybe even an engine swap

So yes, it seems easy to swap parts from newer bikes and this is where my questions start.

Another thing i noticed, there are many KTM 525 models with reg plates on Finnish roads , mostly they are dirt racer without
street reg but there are some with reg plates and guys ride them. Why are some 525 exc models allowed on street registration.
Are these models issued with a ID compliance plate showing the euro1,2,3 , noise restriction number, emissions code .
All of this data is normally labeled on the ID compliance plate of registered street bikes .

So i have the question about changing old to new parts including motors and it seems i have this KTM 525 registration question as well.
Thanks for listening .

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 3:56 pm 

All EXCs can be street registered in Finland and many of the bigger ones are because they are mostly used for recreational dual sport riding not racing. Nowadays also many EXCs used only for racing are registered because the price of insurances of not registered have risen rapidly to unacceptable levels at some insurance companies. If the bike wasn't registered as new there is possibility to register it later also, but there are some tricks in that like you need to have papers of every ownership change from new to you.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 4:50 pm 

When exc is registered do they receive the compliance sticker? showing euro type , db max etc?

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 5:12 pm 

I think they always have it whether it is registered or not. It is next to the VIN, but can be quite worn out in old bikes. I believe from KTM Nordic you can get new one.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Su Marras 13, 2016 6:07 pm 

The most cost-effective way to go would be to source the best possible 03-04 LC4 with enough brakes for your taste, make sure it's registered with the most kW´s possible and then start putting the EFI, turbo etc. on that.

It is possible to put a new-generation LC4 into an older one, but there's two things you have to keep in mind; the 20 % power rule and the percentage of the parts changed, both compared to the frame you're building into. A few years ago it was that more than 50 % of the original bike had to remain stock. I don't know how big of hassle it is to change the drive chain to the other side, but have seen examples done, mostly on AdvRider forums if I recall correctly. The power rule is a mystery to me; maybe it is possible to register the new gen LC4 first to 25 kW before yanking the engine out? Also you have to confirm somewhere the current regulations of the MOT on self-built engines (i.e. turbocharging) before starting, is there nowadays a rule on the min. amount of boost that you can have on a dyno sheet for it to pass.

The EXC models tend to be registered to ridiculously low power numbers, something like 8 kW, to pass emissions/dB/etc. Everyone does de-restrict them once out of the shop, but probably not the easiest starting point for a street legal 650 cc turbo bike. :lol:

edit; It's always wise first to find an MOT station that knows the rules concerning built bikes and get an OK from them to all your mods. That will make the MOT process in the end a lot smoother, it can turn into a shit show when you turn up out of the blue with a heavily modded bike to a station who only tend to work with cars, even if your bike is 100% legal. The guys from the MMAF can probably tell you place to go nearest to you.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Ke Marras 16, 2016 9:40 pm 

Some good info there dq

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Marras 17, 2016 12:24 am 

I know some of you guys have an interest to help, the mmaf.fi forum is not so active.
Maybe i can post some mmaf txt ?
Rim and tire question

Translator suggests -
Wider(than stock) rim and tire can be fitted.
Tire must always match rim. (tire manufacturers fitting rules)
New tire/rim combo has similar result as stock.
Tire scrub- theres no mm law but tire must logically spin freely without scraping on other parts.

I didnt understand when the need for new inspection is needed.

Lainaa:
Pyörien ja renkaiden muutoksia koskevat vaatimukset

Uuden kopterilain mukaan kaikkiin moottoripyöriin saa tehdä vanteiden ja renkaiden muutoksia. Muutokset ovat sallittuja myös tyyppihyväksyttyihin moottoripyöriin huolimatta siitä, että niillä on teoreettinen vaikutus pakokaasupäästöihin. Laista poistettiin eräitä aikaisemmassa laissa olleita rajoituksia, joilla ei ollut liikenneturvallisuuden kannalta perusteita. Jos lukijoilla on rengasmuutoksiin liittyviä kysymyksiä, olkaa hyvä ja kirjoittakaa niitä tähän ketjuun, niin täydentelen ohjeistusta sitä mukaa!

Mitä vaatimuksia renkaiden ja vanteiden muutoksille on säädetty?

1. Moottoripyörään voidaan vaihtaa direktiivin mukaan hyväksytyt renkaat, jotka vastaavat nopeus- ja kuormitusluokitukseltaan vähintään moottoripyörän alkuperäisiä renkaita. Moottoripyörään voidaan vaihtaa myös vanteet, jotka on tarkoitettu vähintään samanpainoiseen ja teholtaan vastaavaan moottoripyörään. Koska tämä on yleensä ilmiselvä asia, lienee vaatimuksen tarkoituksena lähinnä estää polkupyöränvanteiden käyttäminen moottoripyörässä...

2. Renkaiden tai vanteiden leveyttä tai halkaisijaa taikka kuviointia ei ole rajoitettu mitenkään (pois lukien talvirengasmääräykset), mutta renkaan ja vanteen on oltava keskenään yhteensopivia. Toisin sanoen on käytettävä sellaisia renkaita, jotka on hyväksytty käytettävälle vanneleveydelle. Lisäksi etujättöä ja maavaraa koskevien vaatimusten pitää täyttyä myös rengasmuutosten jälkeen.

3. Takarenkaana voi käyttää myös hyväksyttyä henkilöautonrengasta edellyttäen, että se ei vaikeuta moottoripyörän hallittavuutta (kaarreajo-ominaisuudet ja kääntyvyys). Käytännössä tämä tarkoittaa, että autonrenkaan on oltava riittävän korkeaprofiilinen, eikä se saa olla liian leveä. Kokemusperäisesti tiedämme, että ainakin 215 mm leveä rengas 16 tuuman vanteella on vielä hyvin ajettavissa.

4. Renkaiden tulee mahtua pyörimään esteettä, rengas ei saa ottaa kiinni esimerkiksi lokasuojaan tai toisiovetoon.

5. Jos renkaan ulkohalkaisija kasvaa, tienpintaan välittyvä jarruvoima heikentyy. Tästä syystä on säädetty, että ulkohalkaisijan kasvaessa enemmän kuin 15 % jarrutustehon riittävyys on selvitettävä erikseen.

6. Jos nopeusmittarin lukema on riippuvainen renkaan halkaisijasta, on erikseen tutkittava myös nopeusmittarin tarkkuus renkaan halkaisijan muutoksen jälkeen.

7. Jos renkaan sovittaminen runkoon edellyttää runkomuutoksia, on noudatettava rungon muuttamisesta annettuja sääntöjä ja esitettävä vaadittaessa hitsaussaumat katsastajan tarkastettaviksi.

Miten laissa säädetyt vaatimukset tarkastetaan?

1-4. Hyväksyntämerkinnän osalta todistelu on helppoa, sillä hyväksynnästä on merkintä itse renkaassa. Katsastaja varmistaa, että nopeus- ja kuormitusluokka on riittävä kyseiseen moottoripyörään ja että rengas- ja vannekoko ovat yhteensopivia. Katsastaja tarkastaa myös, että rengas mahtuu pyörimään esteettä ja tarvittaessa mittaa jätön ja maavaran. Asiaa tuntevalle katsastajalle vanteen soveltuvuus tarkoitukseensa on yleensä selvää ilman erityisiä selvityksiä. Ellei näin ole, riittänee selvitykseksi esimerkiksi kopio tarvikekataloogista.

3. Jos katsastuksessa on epäselvää, vaikeuttaako takarenkaaksi asennettu autonrengas pyörän hallittavuutta, kaarreajo-ominaisuudet ja kääntyvyys voidaan tutkia hyväksytyn asiantuntijan toimesta samalla tavoin kuin pitkäkeulan kaarreajo-ominaisuudet ja kääntyvyys. Käytännössä tämä ei liene yleensä tarpeen, sillä yli 215 mm autonrenkaita ei yleensä käytetä moottoripyörissä. Lisäksi katsastaja voi halutessaan itsekin koeajaa pyörän asian tutkimiseksi.

5. Jos renkaan ulkohalkaisija kasvaa yli 15 %, jarrutehon riittävyydestä voidaan huolehtia kasvattamalla jarrulevyn kokoa tai lisäämällä puristusvoimaa vastaavassa suhteessa. Tällöin asia voidaan tutkia katsastuskonttorilla. MMAF laatii lähiaikoina myös jarrumuutosten tutkimista helpottavan laskurin nettiin. Vaihtoehtoisesti hidastuvuus voidaan tutkia hyväksytyn asiantuntijan toimesta samalla tavoin kuin pitkäkeulan jarruominaisuudet tutkitaan. Käytännössä jälkimmäinen tapa jäänee harvoin käytetyksi menettelyksi.

6. Nopeusmittarin tarkkuuden tutkimisesta on olemassa AKE:n katsastajille suunnattu ohje, jota katsastajilla on mahdollisuus soveltaa myös uuden kopterilain voimaantulon jälkeen. Se mahdollistaa nopeusmittarin tarkkuuden tutkimisen katsastuskonttorilla. Vaihtoehtoisesti myös tämä vaatimus voidaan tutkia hyväksytyn asiantuntijan toimesta. Käytännössä tämä ei liene tarpeellista kovin usein.

Milloin pitää mennä muutoskatsastukseen?

Jos vannekoko ei muutu, ei pelkän rengaskoon muutosta tarvitse esittää muutoskatsastettavaksi. Tällöinkin on tietysti käytettävä kyseiselle vannekoolle hyväksyttyjä renkaita. Esimerkiksi 16 x 3,5 tuuman vanteelle voi asentaa sekä 130 että 140 mm leveän renkaan. Jos taas vannekoko muuttuu, on pyörä esitettävä muutoskatsastukseen.

Sovellettavat lainkohdat

Liikenne- ja viestintäministeriön asetus L-luokan ajoneuvon korjaamisesta ja rakenteen muuttamisesta 3 ja 11 §

http://www.mmaf.fi/documents/Taitettu_F ... asetus.pdf

Liikenne- ja viestintäministeriön asetus kaksi- ja kolmipyöräisten ajoneuvojen sekä nelipyörien rakenteesta ja varusteista liite 2 kohta 29

http://www.mmaf.fi/documents/Taitettu_F ... isesta.pdf

Direktiivi 97/24/EY 1 luku

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 128:FI:PDF

AKE:n ohje motskarien lukkolaitteen ja nopeusmittarin määräystenmukaisuudesta

http://www.ake.fi/pdf/156-208-2004.pdf
« Last Edit: 16 December 2009, 13:39:11 by Tuusulan T-Bone »

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: To Marras 17, 2016 2:43 am 

The tires have to match/better the bikes originally fitted tires in their speed and load rating specs. The rims have to be sourced from bike that is at least as heavy and powerful as the bike you're putting them to. (Kind of a strange statement, as self-laced wheels have passed inspection too. Basically the rims have to be so beefy comparing to the bike, that the inspection engineer is happy with them.. :lol: )

"Milloin pitää mennä muutoskatsastukseen?

Jos vannekoko ei muutu, ei pelkän rengaskoon muutosta tarvitse esittää muutoskatsastettavaksi. Tällöinkin on tietysti käytettävä kyseiselle vannekoolle hyväksyttyjä renkaita. Esimerkiksi 16 x 3,5 tuuman vanteelle voi asentaa sekä 130 että 140 mm leveän renkaan. Jos taas vannekoko muuttuu, on pyörä esitettävä muutoskatsastukseen."

If the rim size (either way! diameter OR width) doesn't change, just changing the tire size doesn't have to be re-inspected. In this case one has to follow the tire/rim fitting rules. (i.e. 3,5 inch rim can be used with either 130 or 140 mm wide tire). If the rim size changes, one has to re-inspect the bike.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: La Marras 19, 2016 1:18 pm 

Thanks again ,cheers

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: Pe Joulu 02, 2016 8:33 pm 

Is there any one here who would consider the RFS 400,450,500 motors comparable to overall strength to the LC4 type motor.Whats your take on this? . Is the LC4 motor overall a much stronger motor?or?

Profiili  

Näytä viestit ajalta:  Järjestä  
Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 18 viestiä ]  Mene sivulle 1, 2  Seuraava

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC + 2 tuntia [ DST ]

Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä
Et voi vastata viestiketjuihin
Et voi muokata omia viestejäsi
Et voi poistaa omia viestejäsi
Et voi lähettää liitetiedostoja.

Etsi tätä:
Hyppää:  
POWERED_BY